Mashie Design Computer worklogs Mod guides Mashie Links

Hot stuff
Read about the remake of the classic Udat case.
Project Y2k-bug
By learning from the previous mistake, I used 3s glue on the other side as well.
And with the epoxy hardened the piece ended up very strong. I put all hardware intended for the case on top of it and it didn't even bend the slightest. It seems the sandwich construction with carbon fibre and balsa can be really useful for future parts/projects.
The screws for the motherboard has been installed and the hole for the radiator has been cut.
The scrap piece from the cutting became a quite fancy drink coaster...
The main base plate got a few more holes added to fit the radiator properly. The screws on top will be replaced with longer ones that also will hold the fan in place.
This is kind of the look I'm aiming for for the finished bug, not _that_ long legs though...
Ah legs, what a pain they have caused me when trying to figure out how to attach them to the body considering both the radiator and PSU will be underneath the main baseplate. The solution was to add a lower baseplate made out of 3mm balsa and 2 layers of carbon fibre. When knowing how strong the result got I might have been a little too protective when I added all extra balsa pieces on the main baseplate.
Jump to page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24 

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved
Copyright © 2002 - 2020 by Mashie Design